1. The food is astounding. And affordable.
There’s a reason Birmingham is known as the “Dinner Table of the South.”
2. The shopping is jaw-dropping.
The retail center of the state is brimming with malls, boutiques, and outlet shopping.
3. Live music is Birmingham’s signature entertainment.
Great tunes are steadily underway at clubs, amphitheaters, and historic venues.
4. You can see where world history was made.
Birmingham’s role in America’s Civil Rights Movement changed the world.
5. Plan to belly up to the bar at one of Birmingham’s inviting taprooms.
The craft brew culture has grown like honeysuckle.
6. Our caffeine is not routine.
Sink down in a sofa at one of dozens of coffee bars.
7. With moderate temperatures year ‘round, it’s almost always golfing weather.
Play the courses along the famed Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.
8. Family adventure is calling at private and public parks.
Ride the ziplines. Tackle the climbing walls. Go for a hike and a picnic.
9. Cruise through Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum.
See the world’s largest collection of old, new, and rare motorcycles.
10. Stop in at Pepper Place Saturday Market.
Load up on local, corn, herbs, peaches tomatoes, and homemade goods.
11. Take the kids up to Vulcan Park and Museum.
Get a panoramic view of the city from the world’s largest cast iron statue.
12. The Pizitz Food Hall is a global eatery.
Dig into authentic homemade Israeli cuisine or Indian street food.